I have always loved tea, but since embarking on parenthood, my love for tea has somewhat sky rocketed. Yes, I have discovered new found pleasure in tea; appreciating the nation’s favourite more than I had ever thought possible before. Probably due to the new daily challenges parenthood brings with it, tea steps up to the plate with seemingly even more super hero powers to make you love it just that little bit more. And so, let me count the way I love thee, tea:
- We can cry into you
- You taste rather nice
- You warm the body, hands AND soul
- You make us feel better when we’re sick but unable to indulge our sickness
- You welcome people into our homes
- We don’t truly wake up until we our your first one
- You still taste good…even after you’ve gone cold (thank god!)
- You’re perfect to have a moan over
- You make waking up at an ungodly hour just that little bit less painful
- We are never really that far away from a cup of you
- You are the greatest leveler
- And you’re bloody good for us!
- We require no brain power to make you – just a tea bag.
- You can lessen the blow of a mother meltdown with just one (or perhaps two) sips. Ok, we are probably not going to look and feel like the woman in the picture above, but perhaps a little bit more “normal” at least!
- There’s never any reason NOT for having a cup of tea
Do you love tea? Has your love of tea intensified since becoming a mum? Do drop a comment in appreciation if so.
And in the meantime, keep calm and have a cup of tea.