I had a shocking revelation the other night…I have not just become a mum…but I also seem to be edging very steadily into becoming a granny! I wondered whether my mind was just playing tricks on me…I mean, surely I have a good 30 years or so before I actually become a granny? But no, I took stock, and there, lurking underneath, fuelled by parenthood, seemed to be some definite signs of granny-dom. Do you think you could be turning into a granny mum? See how many of the following you nod along with to know the real granny mum truth….
- You’re always complaining about being cold – you wear a coat when others are prancing around in a t-shirt
- The last pair of shoes you bought had nothing to do with aesthetics and everything to do with practicality. Arch support is your new best friend
- You have spotted the occasional rogue hairs growing out of your cheek or chin…obviously you quickly remove the evidence!
- You have finally faced the truth – you can not read without glasses. Your eyes feel the strain as your optical muscles have already begun withering away…
- You do not think twice anymore about wearing an anorak when it’s raining
- You wouldn’t dream of having a shower without a shower cap
- You use a paper calendar and your brain literally fries at the idea of e-appointments
- Your radio station of choice in the morning is Classical FM – oh so civilized!
- Your favourite hang out is the garden centre – oh just look at those lovely Fuchsias!
- You dream of being able to do a crossword on the loo
- You rather envy those pull along shopping trolleys – just imagine being able to cart around all your stuff on that rather than your good self!
- You wear socks in bed….mmmm sexy!
- You wear knitted slippers that would make your grandma proud…
- You couldn’t think of anything worse than going to a nightclub with all that loud noise and those sweaty people
- Your idea of a perfect night is being in bed at 8.30pm
So hands up, any other granny mums out there? Do me a favour and let me know I’m not alone here…