Dear little pumpkin,
You have driven me absolutely crazy since you hit your toddler years (and, truth be told, way before that) – you have challenged my patience beyond belief, broken my back in sickness and driven Daddy and I bonkers with your frustration…We have had so many ups and downs along the way – wayyyy more than I care to remember.
In this blog, I vent about all the tricksy stuff about motherhood, all the stuff that has made my brain do double takes and my mind do back flips as I’ve tried to navigate my way through as best I can. Yup, there have ben a LOT of challenging times, believe me, as one day you will you too will hopefully find out when you go on to have your own children some day (WEIRD!!!)…
But I don’t want people to think I’m some bitter, twisted mother – far from it. Yes I promised this blog wouldn’t be sugar coated, and that it most certainly is not, but hey sometimes, you have to let the good stuff speak for itself.
Yup when the good times roll and the dark clouds pass, the sunshine is a beautiful warmth on my face…and I think that sunshine which has currently settled on our home after months of cloudy storms fuelled by frustration has something to do with your new found ability to communicate. Whatever it is, I’m so relieved and thankful for it.
In any case, here’s 10 things that made it all worth while this month, as you approach your 22nd month on this planet…
- You have the best sense of humour and smile – you think everything is funny, and you’re genuinely a lot of fun to hang out with now (at least when you’re not have a barny or sick!).
- Your presence is immense – you’re the life and soul of the party, and you know it with you jigging, jiving and general whooping it up.
- You’re the most affectionate thing out – dishing out oodles of cuddles, snuggles, kisses, cheek presses…we can’t even take a few steps down the road without you wanting to stop for a cuddle.
- You’re now an incredibly chatty little girl – it’s fantastic to be able to have a conversation with you, and understand what you mean 98% of the time and you dazzle me constantly with unexpected words like “countryside”, “tadpoles” and “cuppa tea”!
- The cuteness of watching you put everything to bed, and saying goodnight, sleep tight – whether it be me, daddy, baby, the toy eggs or anything else within your reach.
- Your singing and dancing – whether it be your version of ABC when you think nobody is watching, Twinkle Twinkle er… Little Teeth to you your baby, or Wind the Bobbin and Ring O Roses with the cutest actions ever.
- The way you want to hold my hand everywhere now (finally!) – even if it’s just to walk from one room to the other, or up the stairs.
- The independent little lady you are blossoming into – putting your shoes on, getting in your booster seat or pram by yourself…next you’ll be driving our car!
- Your self-styling prowess as you dive into the dress up box, assembling crazy-chic wardrobe concoctions of tutus, sparkly sunglasses and floppy hats, all finished off with a good ol’ rummage through my make up bag.
- The way that, still after all this time, only mummy will do. So many people remark on how “attached” you are to me, like it’s some kind of problem…but I wouldn’t change it for the world…
What have been your favourite sunny moments of the last month?
Enjoyed reading this? Then go on, make my day and nominate me for Fresh Voice in the BiBS 2015 awards by clicking on the button below…only takes a minute you know!