Remember the days when you could pop to the gym three times a week – those days BEFORE you became a mum? Fast forward five years, motherhood came along, and the way I keep fit has changed dramatically. I can no longer commit to keeping fit in the same way that I used to – and I’m unwilling to spunk hard earned cash on a gym membership I will hardly ever use. To date, fitness has therefore been a YouTube affair for me. Until I heard about the new fitness on demand app Esquared Fitness which would enable me to access gyms without membership whenever I had the time to sneak it in, as well as lots of fitness classes too.
I’m very much an on demand kind of mama – I do pretty much all of my non grocery shopping on Amazon Prime, and only watch what I’m truly into on Netflix. So to also enable my fitness to be on demand too – read: when and where I get the chance – makes perfect sense to me.
The weekend just gone was just the opportunity. Mr C had the little for Saturday morning, and I had planned to head over to Wimbledon to get stuff done plus sneak in a cheeky bit of H&M as well as also squeeze in some fitness!
So I logged onto Esquared Fitness that morning and found a gym which I would simply be able to walk into while I was in the area, pay a one off fee, and work out in….amazing!
Off I went to Fitness Space Wimbledon where I had up to two hours to work out for £12. Brilliant!
What I loved about Esquared:
- You can pick and choose activities – one day you might feel like a gym session, the next a Zumba class, and another day a hot yoga class. Brilliant!
- You discover places to workout where you are or are going to be that you never even knew existed.
- It makes exercising so much easier – it works on a credit system which you add in advance and you can then use whenever, wherever and however you like – all you need to do is simply book!
- It’s pay as you go – no wasting money on silly gym memberships you never use enough.
- No time consuming inductions – simply complete a quick tick box waiver on the app to show that you’re healthy enough for the activities.
What I’d like to see improved
- I would love to see more gyms and studios right in my local area on the Esquared database and I’m sure in time this will be happening – fingers crossed!
Find out more on the Esquared Website or download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
and if you’re looking to try and get back on the fitness wagon why not check out these tips to help you balance motherhood and fitness.
Do you like the sound of the Esquared Fitness app? Is it something you would consider using? Do share in a comment below.
*This is a collaborative post. All opinions are my own.