Thanks so much to Helen from All The Beautiful Things for nominating me in the “I am the Mum who” tag. I love this tag because it’s the perfect way to combine both the heart warming and insanity of being a mum all together in one not so tidy package. And so here goes, I am the Mum who…
- Tries to act like I’m totally chilled but always secretly fretting inside about doing my best
- Still obsesses over nap and sleep times… 2 years on…come on already enough is enough!
- Usually gets poo smeared on me once a day
- Is a sucker for getting wound up like a bobbin – I am the ultimate button pressing toddler toy!
- Routinely has to scrape mouldy crumbs off the inside of her bag
- Packed up work and sold my business after 12 months to stay at home because life is too short
- Still loves to watch my girl on the monitor as she falls asleep soppy sod that I am
- Is the most sneakiest sneaky so-and-so at sneaking vegetables into every which way combination of foods
- Will punish myself by doing toddler craft despite being absolutely SHIT at toddler craft
- Will literally be aching from missing my girl an hour after I have said goodbye despite desperately counting down the minutes to freedom
- Has been known give a death stare to other kids in the playground who are acting like brats
- Never gets tired of picking up her snuggly little bean first thing in the morning or whispering her sweet nothings at night…despite always being tired!
- Believes that being a better parent means time alone is not a luxury but a necessity
- Has learnt to chose my battles, but is still learning
- Has a heart that melts every time I hear that cutesy kooky what did you just say? toddler chatter
- Is playful as a pussy cat but mean as a dog
- Would win hands down in any nursery-rhyme show down
- Is often driven to wine at the end of the day
- Would do all this motherhood thing again, despite often being driven to wine at the end of the day
And now to pass the baton on to…
Bottle for 2