Welcome to this week’s #MyFiveThings featuring Charlotte from Mummy Fever. We all have our parenting pet peeves which we would just love to see the back of, and in this week’s edition of #MyFiveThings, Charlotte shares some things which really get her goat in this parenting lark…
Parenting is a hard job. We know that. I am totally on board with that Michael Mcintyre scene where he tells you that people without children have no idea!
That said, there are 5 things I could totally live without on the parenting front. Here goes:
- Cleaning the high chair: OMG the worse job in the world, this sucks. 3 times a day for 9 years with another year ish to go, is a whole lot of annoying.
- Picking up food off the floor: I’m sure lots of your little darlings don’t do this, but I’ve had 3 out of 4 ‘throwers’ who can clear a highchair table in less time than it takes you to blink. Picking up debris off the floor three times a day is certainly something I could live without.
- Justifying my parenting choices to others: I shouldn’t feel as if I have to. They are my choices and I make them based on what I believe is best. Others are free to parent as they chose.
- Discovering a discarded milk bottle in the car: gross in a word, one that’s been dropped and then rolled and you’ve forgotten and a few days or longer have gone passed blurhhhh!
- Being asked “are they all yours?”: yes people, I have four children, they are all mine, deal with it!
Check out previous issues in the #MyFiveThings series here and stay tuned for next week’s edition on Mama Mim blog here.