Twitter has to be hands down my favourite social media channel. We have really become best buds. But like with most people who you spend way too much time with, sooner or later, there are going to be things about them that irk you. Yup, though I have a whole lot of love for Twitter, sometimes I really just want to bitch about it behind its back. Thus, here are my 10 most annoying things about Twitter:
1. You vow to spend an hour hammering your blog only to get sucked into the T-hole. Noooooo!
2.You don’t check your Twitter for a day and almost have a heart attack when you see the number of notifications. How can this be???!
3. People who send you “Hi, thanks for following me, check out my blog” automatic messages. Sorry but nobody likes these or actually bothers to check out your blog from reading it. Please. Just. Stop.
4. People who purely like your Tweets just to get their stupid corporate names in front of your face when they have a supremely tenuous link to your content. Stop trying to freeload!
5. People who have never retweeted a single tweet of yours despite you retweeting countless of theirs. Come on man, show the reciprocal love!
6. The last thing you want to do before you switch off at night is….check your Twitter! So wrong, and a sure fire way of not being able to hit the sack peacefully. Must. Put. The. Phone. Down.
7. There is no such thing as a Twitter holiday. Twitter is like one big godforesaken hamster wheel that you can’t ever get off because nobody else does either! Can we all just agree to join hands and hit the pause button sometime in the near future?
8. People who retweet you without so much as taking a peep at the link included in your tweet. OK thanks for the RT, but do you actually have an idea what that post was about?
9. People who follow you, then unfollow you, then follow you, then unfollow you – please stop! You make me feel like I’m having my own personal Groundhog Day.
10. Follow me back freaks. Seriously, it’s a free world and we can follow who we like. Just because you follow someone (or thousands of people for that matter!), doesn’t mean they have to follow you back…so shoot me Twitter etiquette-schmetiquette.
What else would you add to this bitch list?