‘Twas the weekend when mummy was going away for some me-time and all was quiet in the house…
Yeah right who am I kidding!!?
Mayhem was breaking out because mum was going away for the weekend…shock horror.
As she frantically finished panic packing an hour before her departure (because mums are always the last to pack right!!?) she offered up her three magic wishes to her Prince Charming…I mean, significant other.
1. Pleasure ensure some vegetables are eaten
Yes your highness, your wish is my command. So long as they are accompanied with copious amounts of ice cream and chocolate.
2. Please change all the bedding, as her highness will be otherwise disposed
To which the answer was:
3. Don’t forget about the children’s party you have to get the little one shipped out to
To which eyes popped something like this…
– whose birthday is it?
– who on earth is that?
– are they even at the same school (yes, in the same class not to mention after school ballet you dingbat!)
– good god do I have to buy a present???!
To which her majesty mummy thought quipped in her head with total disdain…
“Do I look like a raging ignoramous?!!!”
And then mummy added a final eleventh hour plea…
4. Try not to have the house totally upside down on my return
You can guess what the reply to that was can’t you?
Yup, hole in one…
Well, at least I got a weekend away so perhaps I shouldn’t ask for too much then? What an ungrateful mummy I am. Tsk tsk!
And as for the return….well that’s a story for another time….