How healthy are you? And could you be healthier? I like to think I am pretty healthy – I eat the rainbow, drink plenty of water, exercise, take my supplements – but what if all of that is not enough? Because it turns out…
I’m not as healthy as I thought!
I recently had a complimentary consultation and assessment with Aliya Jasrai of Hayya Health – Nutritional Therapist, Master Herbalist and Self-Love Coach – and also my fantastic co-founder of Self Love Sunday. I am always asking myself “could you be healthier”, and it turns out that I could be!
Aliya sat down with me to conduct two nutritional assessments – – a Nutritional Deficiencies Assessment and Antioxidant Assessment – which promised to uncover ways I could improve my health and boost your happiness – hurrah!
Everybody is different
Although I am really conscious of the foods I eat, as Aliya explains, “however conscious we are of the foods that we eat, sometimes it’s difficult to know what really is best for us,as unique individuals. Everybody is different. It would be naive to think we should all take the same dietary routines and nutritional advice. My General Nutritional Assessment will get to the core of what yous should be eating, to achieve the best results for your overall health.”
In addition, she explains that currently, “everyone is confused by a mass of conflicting health and nutrition information. There are hundreds of “dietary theories” out there and what works for me, might not work for you. ”
Essentially, it comes down to this – everyone has a different biochemistry, genetic makeup and nutrient needs.
After completing the Nutritional Deficiencies and Antioxidant Assessment, I received my results and was amazed to see just how many areas needed improving!
Room for improvement
The results showed I was deficient in many essential nutrients and that they needed to be incorporated into my diet, making sure I meet the recommended daily intake for such nutrients. According to the assessment, I was deficient in the following:
- Vitamin D, E, C, B1 + B2 + B3 + B5 + B6 + B12 and K
- Folic Acid
- Omega 3 & 6
Phew! I puzzled how this can be given that I think I eat pretty well. But I guess the problem is that produce is not what it once was. The soil is depleted. And more often that not we do not eat food in its freshest form. We also do not eat it in the right way or in the right combination to glean maximum benefits from it.
I also received a poor score on my antioxidant test – sob! The results showed I had plenty of room for improvement. Happily, I can increase the power of prevention by increasing my levels of antioxidant protection.
Aliya’s recommendations were that I should:
1. Eat lots of fresh fruit, especially berries. – I am slowly reintroducing berries back into my diet as I do battle with my reactive hypoglycemia so fingers crossed for this one!
2. Eat lots of vegetables, especially tenderstem (i.e. broccoli), spinach, avocado, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, watercress, and broccoli.
3. Take a multivitamin and/ a good antioxidant supplement daily.
4. Try to avoid pollution (argh I live on the Heathrow flight path) , roads with busy traffic, smoky places, direct exposure to strong sunlight, and burned or fried foods.
5. Don’t over-exercise. That I can do!
The above has definitely given me food for thought. I guess in answer to the question “could you be healthier?”, when it comes to my own personal situation, it’s a resounding yes! How about you?
An exclusive offer for my readers
I am excited to let you know that Hayya Health is has an exclusive offer for my readers if you join Hayya Health’s Private Community FaceBook Group – Be The Best Version Of You!
You will receive:
- 40% off for TWO online assessments (normally priced £150, now for only £90!) to kick start you on the right path for your well-being. This includes: the Nutritional Deficiencies Assessment (checks all nutrients) and The Antioxidant Assessment (consists of three separate health checks: Symptom check, toxicity check and diet check.
- a personal taster diet plan for a week (7 days) – with carefully selected foods and drinks which are best for your body, comprised of your own top foods.
- a 30 min phone call to provide additional support
Wow! I’m sure you will agree that is an amazing offer, so why not…
Join Hayya Health’s Private Community Facebook Group – Be The Best Version Of You – to claim your offer now.
*I was gifted a complimentary Nutritional Deficiencies and Antioxidant Assessment by Hayya Health.