Are you thinking about or perhaps planning a Florida family holiday in the near future? If the answer to that is yes, then you are definitely in the right place! There is so much to see and do in Florida, that you wouldn’t want to miss a thing. That’s why we’ve teamed up with fab fellow parenting bloggers to put together the best Florida family holiday bucket list….ever! If you’re planning your next Florida family holiday then these deals might help you in planning your Florida family holiday.
The best Florida family bucket list
1.Take a spin on the ICON Orlando Observation Wheel at
Icon Orlando 360 – one of the world’s tallest observation wheels.
2. Stay at a Disney resort! The perks are great and if you book at a certain time of year you can get free dining. Consider booking a land and sea package with a a Disney cruise to their private island Castaway Cay.
3. Book in for the dessert party before the nightly Fireworks at Disneyworld. You get to eat unlimited desserts in a lovely air conditioned cafe and then get a reserved spot to watch the fireworks
4. Swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove! You can spend a whole day here soaking up the sun and the sea life.
6. Go shopping at Orlando International Premium discount outlets. They are amazing. The best shopping ever from super high end to high street.
7. Visit Busch Wildlife sanctuary in Palm Beach county, a
non-profit organisation dedicated to the protection and conservation of Florida’s wildlife and natural resources. Not only do you get to see some amazing animals they teach you all about them too.
8. Book an old fashioned Air Boat tour – a great adventure and brilliant way to get up close to local wildlife.
9. Take in the can’t miss beaches on the Gulf Coast – the beaches along Florida’s Gulf Coast are some of the best in the United States and are excellent for dolphin spotting.
10. Visit Old Town is Kissimmee, especially in the evenings! The family-friendly and Americana-themed walking district offers weekly car shows and special events and has such an amazing atmosphere, with so much to see and do.
11. Visit Legoland Florida – the theme park and water park includes 50 rides, shows and attraction – a Lego lovers dream.
12. Brave the updated Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios. It’s closed for a major upgrade at time of writing but the updates are set to be very exciting.
13. Swim with Manatees (sea cows) in the Crystal River for an incredible chance to get up close and personal with these endangered creatures.
14. Go diving for scallops in the Gulf of Mexico – think an underwater Easter egg hunt but instead you’re scavenging for delectable Bay Scallops in warm shallow waters in this fun family-friendly underwater adventure.
15. Immerse yourself in a day of water fun at Aquatica, a splashy watery park full of super-sized slides, speedy splashdowns and sandy shores.
16. Take a short cruise to the Bahamas leaving from Fort Lauderdale.
17. Be a trainer for the day at Gatorland – a fantastic way to get a glimpse into what it takes to be able to work with, and around dangerous animals.
18. Take a road trip – take in all the wonders that Florida has to offer by car. Why not check out some Florida road trip itineraries.
19. Discover what it feels like to free fall at iFLY – no jumping out of aeroplanes required!
20. Ride Florida’s waterways on the majestic Jungle Queen Riverboat
– a beautiful way to take in the Sunshine State from the water .
Wow – I think you’ll agree there is so much to see and do on a Florida family holiday. The above is just the tip of the iceberg and the things we think you really shouldn’t miss out on – enjoy!
With thanks to all those who contributed to this post including Cocktails In Teacups, Savvy In Somerset, Livvy Bird Adventures, The Willow Tree, Shy Strange Manic, Miss LJ Beauty, Freddies Mummy, What The Redhead Said, Mummy Travels, Emily and Indiana, Becster, Tired Mummy of Two, Keep Up With The Joneses & Our Little Escapades.
*This is a collaborative post